If you’re a wine enthusiast visiting Auburn and Placer County, you’re in for a treat! Placer County is home to over 20 wineries and some of the best wine producers in California. Here’s a suggested tour of some of the top wineries that I recommend you visit when you are in Placer County:
- Lone Buffalo Vineyards – Start your tour with a visit to Lone Buffalo Vineyards, located in Auburn. Known for their bold, flavorful wines made from traditional Rhone varietals, Lone Buffalo offers a tasting experience that’s both educational and enjoyable. 7505 Wise Rd, Auburn, CA 95603
- Wise Villa Winery – Next up is Wise Villa Winery, also located in Auburn. With stunning views of the Sierra foothills and a diverse selection of wines, including some made from lesser-known varietals like Barbera and Tempranillo, Wise Villa is a must-visit for any wine lover. 4200 Wise Rd, Lincoln, CA 95648
- Bonitata Boutique Wine – Head to Meadow Vista to visit Bonitata Boutique Wine. This small, family-owned winery specializes in producing limited quantities of high-quality wines, including their popular Petite Sirah. 291 Auburn Folsom Rd, Auburn, CA 95603
- Dono dal Cielo Vineyard – Make your way to Newcastle to visit Dono dal Cielo Vineyard. Their picturesque estate offers stunning views of the valley and a tasting room that’s open to the public on weekends. Don’t miss their award-winning Chardonnay and Zinfandel. 6100 Wise Rd, Newcastle, CA 95658
- Popie Wines – End your tour with a visit to Popie Wines, located in Loomis. This boutique winery is known for producing small batches of high-quality wines, including their popular Cabernet Franc and Barbera. 3550 Taylor Rd, Loomis, CA 95650
Placer County is a hiddengem in California’s wine country, and these wineries are just a sample of what our region has to offer.
Contact me if you’re interested in checking out real estate in Placer County or Nevada County. It’s a great way to get away from the hustle-bustle of the city (and drink some great wine!)